Wednesday, October 10, 2012

This is the start of something good...


Last week I finished my preschool student teaching in Bloomington. I told the kids at group time a few days in advance that it was my last week and that I would be going to teach at a school in Ireland. On my last day, as we sat outside at the picnic tables eating homemade vanilla ice cream, one little boy looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and asked, "Do you live in Ireland, Hillary?" As I brainstormed blog titles this question seemed fitting...as I have experienced on other, shorter trips overseas, even a place very far away can come to feel like home. Now, after much planning and anticipation, it is finally time for me to head to Ireland to student teach! I look forward to finding a home in Ireland with my host family and in my school, and I cannot wait to share my stories with you here. I am not sure how well I will be able to keep up this blog, but I will try to post every once in a while to keep you all updated on my life in Ireland. I leave tomorrow(!), and I'll try to check in sometime next week. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment